Thursday, May 9, 2013

Responding to my Classmates "I have seen" Poem.


I read both Cheyenne(http://woahihaveablog.blogspot.com/) and Alyssa's (http://alyssamickelson123.blogspot.com/)  "I have seen" poem, and I have to say, they are both very interesting! The two poems relate to each other very easily, Cheyennes is very dark, a little bit darker than Alyssas,while Alyssa's is a little bit more dramatic. I think that Cheyenne used either anger or depression as the abstract noun in her poem. Her poem is very deep, in the first stanza, her word play really grabs my attention. Ex: "I have pestered and poked until no one can bear it" I feel like Cheyenne is writing her poem through a bullys eyes. In the second stanza, she talks about some of the pain that the bullys victims have gone through. In the last sentence, there is kinda of like a big emotional drop. "I watch them break". This is a great sentence, and is very effective in supporting the the pain the bully has caused. In the third stanza she talks about how the bully knows what he/she did, and is almost proud of it, well not proud of it, but he/she just does not have any remorse about his actions. She says that he/she is pretty much addicted to causing other people pain, that no one can change it, its his own addiction, and hes the only one that can fix it. I feel like Cheyenne did a great job on using metaphors and similes to portray the feelings that the the victims had felt.
I like Alyssa’s because I feel kind of connected to it. She uses alot of imagery to show the reader really what she is trying to say. In the first stanza, she talks about how if you are too keep your feeling cramped up inside, it will just make it worse. This has occurred in my life many times, relating to my family issues and such. In the second stanza, I really enjoy her choise of words. EX: ”But I have penetrated emotions, and shaking me off will be hard.”. I really like how she personifies the emotions, making it sound like her emotions are making it difficult for her to be set free of her so called “sadness”. The third stanza, i can really relate to. She says
“I know of sealed lips
Promised to be kept zipped
And if they let out what shouldn’t be told
That consequences will unfold”
I relate to this because when there are very dark secrets, attacking someone in some way, and if you are too tell someone those secrets, the consequences could turn into something more than a simple friendship. She uses great world play in this, it really reminds me of the feelings of fear that are caused by these types of events. Overall Alyssa’s poem was great, she did a great job on using her words to portray some great imagery. I had a great time reading it and felt that i could really relate to it.

1 comment: